Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The demands of Second Life

This semester, I've been learning how to use SL on Mac. For the most part, it hasn't been too bad. Just a couple of simple new keyboard commands to learn. On the other hand, there are some thing that have changed, that I decide is Mac related or SL viewer 2.0. One my biggest irks/annoyances has been its sensitivity headphone jacks. If I don't plug my headset in before I launch SL, I won't be able to hear anything. If I unplug, then replug in, again the audio doesn't work. Does anyone know the cause of this? I never had this problem before on a PC and SL viewer 1.0. And while only a simple inconvenience, it was a feature that I enjoyed that enabled me to take a break away from my computer for a few minutes, and still keep up with what's going on in class.

Sigh...I guess that's the way it is between different operating systems.

No comments: